♪ I study computer science‘Melody’ Timbuk 3
I love my classes
I got a crazy professor, he wears dark glasses
Things are going great, and they’re only getting better
I’m doing all right, getting good grades
The final’s so bright, I gotta wear shades
I gotta wear shades ♪
Some say it couldn’t be done. But I did it. I remixed/mashed up my entire time here at Ds106 into one post! I have video, I have audio, I have design, I have art. Looking back, I started this project with only a dream in my heart, but then I made it real. I made it come ALIVE (as weird as that may seem. It’s a kind of science). I knew that I needed to switch things up! So I made this remixed post part of my design. It was risky, but I’m pretty sure it all connects! (Though I’m not certain if it’s a good idea). I talk to myself a lot, so ideas start to seem pretty good. Well, bring it on, I say! I mean, every remix tells a story, right?
You think you’re crazy, well join the club! I guess that’s why they call it a remix project! (I hope this works)!
I know it’ll work, because:
Hey DS106-er’s! Are you hungry for a new power sound you’ve never heard before?
Now featuring none other than 80’s Melody and her totally rad new hit single, ‘Uptight Downtown’! (The 8-bit city theme is like, totally in right now).
Change whatever boring radio channel you have on and tune in to this totally tubular music by the hot new icon
La Roux Melody! A true Guardian and Goonie, Melody will reclaim your love for 80’s music. Buy or trade in your cassette tapes for this one! You gotta get your copy on Sunday when they go on sale, because cassettes are selling fast! Get one before they’re gone!
UPDATE: They’ve all sold out! Sorry Moonies!
Don’t fight over it Ds106, you can still listen to Melody’s modern take on (mostly) 80’s songs on the radio! If you’ve been reading up on all of Melody’s posts, you might have been reminded of certain 80’s (and some not quite 80’s) songs. That’s because all of her posts tend to reference lyrics and song titles! (She loves a good parody). Did you pick up on all of them though? Well, wonder no more!
A (Mostly) 80’s Song Compilation from all of Melody’s posts
(A 50 songs in under 4 min and 30 sec mashup)
Featured are these hit (mostly) 80’s songs:
Intro. Get Schwifty | Rick and Morty | 2015
01. Let’s Dance | David Bowie | 1983
02. Weird Science | Oingo Boingo | 1985
03. Let It Go | Def Leppard | 1981
04. Magic Dance | David Bowie | 1986
05. Forgotten But Not Gone | Utopia | 1982
06. Every Picture Tells A Story | Rod Stewart | 1971
07. Let me tell you a story | Blake Robinson ft. Sally Tischkewitz | 2016
08. Boom Boom Pow | The Black Eyed Peas | 2009
09. Ballroom Blitz | Sweet | 1974
10. Warsong | White Lion | 1991
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday | U2 | 1983
12. Puttin’ On The Ritz | Taco | 1982
13. Take On Me | A-ha | 1985
14. Dancing Nancies | Dave Matthews | 1993
15. Bring On The Dancing Horses | Echo & the Bunnymen | 1985
16. The Longest Time | Billy Joel | 1983
17. Man On The Moon | R.E.M. | 1992
18. Back In Time | Huey Lewis & The News | 1985
19. Thriller | Michael Jackson | 1982
20. I Ran (So Far Away) | A Flock Of Seagulls | 1982
21. Old Time Rock n Roll | Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band | 1978
22. Animal | Def Leppard | 1987
23. Hungry Like The Wolf | Duran Duran | 1982
24. Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) | Eurythmics | 1983
25. 99 Problems |
Jay-Z Hugo (I like this version better) | 2011
26. Pump Up The Jam | Technotronic | 1989
27. A Sound I Never Heard | Golden Earring | 2003
28. Airwaves | Thomas Dolby | 1982
29. Dark Necessities | Red Hot Chili Peppers | 2016
30. Making Love Out Of Nothing At All | Air Supply | 1983
31. Ballroom Blitz again. It’s a good song.
32. Thank You For Being A Friend (OG version) | Andrew Gold | 1978
33. Supermodel | (The Fantabulous) RuPaul | 1993
34. Just The Way You Are | Billy Joel | 1977
35. Opportunities (Let’s Make Lots of Money) | Pet Shop Boys | 1986
36. Girls Just Want To Have Fun | Cyndi Lauper | 1983
37. Dancing With Myself | Billy Idol | 1981
38. Hit Me With Your Best Shot | Pat Benatar | 1979
39. The Goonies ‘r’ Good Enough | Cyndi Lauper | 1985
40. Don’t You (Forget About Me) | Simple Minds | 1985
41. Hooked On A Feeling | Blue Swede | 1972
42. Just The Way You Are again. I can reference a song twice.
43. You Belong To The City | Glenn Frey | 1985
44. I Guess That’s Why They Call It The Blues | Elton John | 1983
45. Major Tom | Peter Schilling | 1969
46. Bob Ross Remixed | Happy Little Clouds | 2012
47. Don’t Stand So Close To Me | The Police | 1980
48. People Just Love to Play With Words | Men at Work | 1981
49. The Final Countdown | Europe | 1986
50. Footloose | Kenny Loggins | 1984
And now, the moment you’ve all been waiting for! The debut of
La Roux’s Melody’s single, ‘Uptight Downtown’! Put on your shades, because this song is lit! Party on, pump up the jam, and dance to this sick beat: