I created a rough list of radio show ideas, but I don’t know how feasible some of these are. I’m a, “do by example” type of person, so it was really hard coming up with the examples! Here’s my list so far:
- Weird News of the 1980s: Talk about unusual stories that happened during the 80’s such as that time that St. Louis changed the name of ‘Bus Stops’ to ‘Bus Starts.’
- Speeches that almost happened: In the style of ‘Moon Graffiti,’ imagine a story around an alternate 80’s speech, such as what Queen Elizabeth II was going to say had WW III become a reality.
- It’s a Mystery: In the style of CBS Radio Mystery Theater, create or re-create an 80’s story with a who-dunnit plot.
- Radio Drama Hour: Re-create a scene from an 80’s movie, full of teen angst and sound effects.
- 80’s Mad Lad: Pick an icon of the 80’s and highlight some of the crazy things they did, I.e. that time Ozzy bit off the head of a bat.
- What Happens Next?: Pretend it’s the 80’s and pick a show to talk about where the world is waiting with baited breath to see what happens next, just like TV stations did with the 80’s show, ‘Dallas.’
- I was a Cool Kid in the 80’s (Not): In the style of The Stoop Storytelling Series, re-imagine a not-so-cool memory as an 80’s memory by dropping in pop culture references.
- The MTV generation: Talk about 80’s music videos, fun facts, and the channel itself that created a whole music generation.
- Did You Hear About This One: Narrate a story from an 80’s novel, show, or some other source. It could be fantasy, a spooky ghost story, or some genre where sound effects could really bring it to life.